1. You must be at least 18 years old to be on the auction grounds. NO CHILDREN — NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. You must have a “bid card” to bid in the auction. One may be obtained by presenting a valid driver’s license or state ID, and the payment of a $5.00 non-refundable fee.
3. Only the buyer of this “bid card” can purchase a vehicle in their name. No “bid card” switching is allowed.
4. All vehicles are sold as is — NO WARRANTY.
5. If you win the bid on a vehicle, you MUST pay for it. If you do not pay, you WILL be permanently banned from further auctions.
6. VEHICLES PURCHASED MUST BE PAID FOR IN CASH OR CERTIFIED CHECK ONLY — PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BY 4:00 P.M. THE DAY OF THE AUCTION ONLY.
7. Any property still inside the vehicle MUST stay with the vehicle — NO LITTERING. You will be cited if found violating this ordinance. DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING OUT OF VEHICLES -THEFT IS A CRIME!
8. A BILL OF SALE may be obtained to title your vehicle. The cost is $5.00 at the time of the purchase or $10.00 if purchased at a later time (or if the BILL OF SALE is lost). Bills of sale will be mailed to your address.
9. 21 DAY PERMITS will be issued (at no charge) until 4:00 p.m. the day of the auction only. You MUST show proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license. No permits will be issued to out-of-state residents.
10. All vehicles MUST be removed from the SPPD Impound Lot property by 7 P.M. the Sunday following the auction. Those vehicles not removed will revert back to the custody of the police department for disposition.
11. If you abandon an auction vehicle in the city, violate laws or ordinances while at the impound lot, you may be banned from future auctions.